At Fat Potato, we have championed the principles laid out by standards such as ISO 9001 and CMMI in both a traditional and agile manner. Understanding that software development is a fast paced and ever-changing environment, we have found by adhering to our core set of principles, we can not only meet, but exceed the demands placed upon us:
- Automate wherever possible – lessening the burden on developers and support.
- CI/CD as standard – small, incremental, measurable changes to constantly deliver value.
- Test driven development – no code is ever shipped without comprehensive and repeatable automated tests.
- Collective ownership – it is everyone’s responsibility for the delivery of high-quality software.
- Observability – all software should have adequate metrics, logging and tracing.
- Open standards – never reinvent the wheel and leverage open-source solutions wherever possible.
- Collaboration – ensuring all stakeholders are invested in the process.
- Retrospection – constantly reflecting on our ways of working and how they can be improved.